Stagecraft Performance Techniques Series
Performance Techniques Series - Next dates to be announced
- The focus of this two-part series is Performance Preparation.
- We will talk about preparing your song fully, microphone technique, stage presence, selling your song, musicality, acting your song, basic movement, performance etiquette, singing vs. entertaining, tips & tricks, letting go of fear, what to do if..., confidence vs. ego, what makes you look more professional, and whatever concerns you bring to the class.
- We strongly encourage you to sign up for the Showcase Performance. Use this Class Series to get an edge and to polish your performance skills, then use what you've learned to give your best performance to an audience of friends & family!!
- This series is open to ALL LEVELS of ability. However, it will work best for past or current students in Voice Class or private lessons. The focus is NOT on "how to sing" techniques, but on "how to perform," so having been in Voice Class will help you in this performance class. You will be expected to work on your songs, learn your songs, and be self-motivated about this opportunity. This class is for those who are ready to step to a new level.
- Choose 2 songs (one per week) that offer you the opportunity to "act" your song.